Sexual Assault & Harassment Syllabus Recommendations & Resources
With increased media attention being paid to survivors of sexual assault and sexual harassment, the Women & Gender Studies Program would like to take a moment to remind you of the vital role that faculty and staff play in the creation of a survivor-affirming learning environment.
As you finalize your syllabi for next semester, please consider including information on TCU’s Title IX policy and the support resources that are available on campus. The Koehler Center has provided some very helpful boilerplate samples, which we include below. These can be edited as you see fit, as long as accurate information regarding mandated reporting and confidential resources is maintained.
If you have questions about Title IX at TCU, please consult:
- Title IX at TCU
- Dr. Darron Turner, Title IX Coordinator
- Leah Carnahan, TCU’s Confidential Advocate in the Campus Advocacy, Resource and Education Office
- Dr. Nada Elias-Lambert, (Harris College, Department of Social Work), a member of the Women & Gender Studies advisory committee, filmed a very helpful Facebook live video on the topic of Bystander Intervention. Dr. Elias-Lambert (Faculty Bystander Intervention Program Coordinator with the Koehler Center) is also leading an exciting Bystander Intervention project with TCU faculty. Please reach out to her if you have questions or would like to get involved.
- Our WGST affiliate in Economics, Dr. John Harvey, sent this helpful article about the role of faculty in disseminating sexual assault resources (note: the article does describe a sexual assault).
- We have also found the website Know Your IX to have helpful information for faculty, staff, and students.
- To view all the TCU syllabus resources, please visit: https://cte.tcu.edu/syllabus-templates/
GSS Happy Hour
5-7 pm HG Sply Co.
Located HG Sply Co, 1621 River Run #176, Fort Worth, TX 76107
Location subject to change.