Main Content

Graduate Assistantships

Graduate Assistants (GAs) help with program-related work for a graduate or other awarding unit. GAs are assigned to departments or graduate colleges and directors of academic programs rather than to assist individual faculty or staff members with research or teaching duties.

If you’ve been assigned a teaching and/or graduate assistant position the following links provide valuable information and paperwork that needs to be filled out prior to receiving your first paycheck.

Student Employee Frequently Asked Questions from HR

Student employees must enroll for an electronic W-2 at